With competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, HRA offers a team working environment focusing on the career growth needs of each employee.
We invite you to review our current openings and submit your information for consideration. Come be a part of a growing firm that encompasses a family spirit and team environment.
Archaeological Technician – Seasonal
Historical Research Associates, Inc. (HRA), is seeking to increase our qualified applicant pool of Archaeological Technicians for work in our Portland, Eugene, Seattle, Spokane, and Missoula offices. Individuals interested in working for HRA for seasonal employment will be selected only from this pool.
The Archaeological Technician – Seasonal performs archaeological field work, lab work, or related office work under the direction and supervision of an HRA staff Archaeologist. Applicants approved for the pool must have (at minimum) a Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology or Anthropology. Preferred applicants will have experience working in the field, conducting analysis of research data, and contributing to research reports. Required skills include the ability to effectively conduct research activities, conduct appropriate aspects of fieldwork using appropriate field techniques, develop and maintain positive relationships, the ability to balance work schedules and demands, provide and receive feedback, seek to resolve conflict through communication and collaboration, and use effective verbal and written communication to listen and communicate effectively. Applicants must be proficient in the use of computer programs and database systems and have familiarity with the operations and use of cameras, GPS, and GIS equipment and software. Candidates should assume that most of their working hours will be spent in the field.
Positions are seasonal, and work is on-call, as needed. Acceptance into the qualified applicant pool is not a guarantee of a job offer or a guarantee of hours, but only Technicians in the pool will be offered work with HRA. Please submit a letter of interest and resume/CV to Human Resources at hr @ hrassoc . com. No phone calls, please. The position will close on November 23, 2020.
An Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
HRA is seeking an Archaeologist II in our Seattle office. The Archaeologist II performs research tasks, fieldwork, laboratory, and/or writing tasks as part of a project team. At the direction of project managers, leads field projects and occasionally directs project team members in specific tasks. Contributes to the preparation of reports and client deliverables under the oversight of project managers; this may include preparing the larger share of a small project report.
Required education and experience:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Anthropology with Archaeology emphasis
- Preparation of a Master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation
- Minimum of two years field director experience based in western Washington in Cultural Resource Management (CRM) and leading field crews.
Required skills and abilities:
- Proficient in the use of technology to include, but not limited to GPS and other data collection devices, use of online databases, digital cameras, scanners, and audio recordings, and computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to conduct background research in various sources including ethnographies, soils/environmental/cultural background, SHPO databases, GLO plats, land patents/historic maps, and tax assessments with the ability to recognize the need for and to locate additional background or archival resources. Demonstrated ability to conduct archival research.
- Strong technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to write CRM-specific technical reports. Contribute to research, inventory, resource evaluation, and monitoring plans and reports; the ability to contribute to high quality products with knowledge and understanding of appropriate style for the document.
- Experience with the Section 106 process.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to remember and follow detailed instructions
- Willingness to travel throughout the Pacific Northwest and the rest of the U.S. (especially the west)
Candidates should assume that 30-60 percent of their time will be spent in the field, and at least 25-30 percent of that travel will be outside of Seattle. Only qualified candidates with an advanced degree will be considered for interviews. Interviews will be conducted with qualified applicants as they apply, and position will remain open until filled. HRA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that includes vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical insurance, and 401K.
Please submit a letter of interest, résumé with three references and a short writing sample to Human Resources at HR @ hrassoc . com. No phone calls, please.
Equal opportunity/veterans/disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
HRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are interested in reviewing HRA’s Affirmative Action plan, you may contact Charity Touchette, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. HRA’s Affirmative Action Plan will be available to be reviewed between the hours of 9am and noon, eastern standard time.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an reasonable accommodation as part of the employment application and/or selection process, please contact Charity Touchette, HR Manager, at 406-721-1958.