HRA is one of the oldest history and archaeology consulting firms in the United States. In 1974, a small team of historians in Missoula, Montana, began working with federal, state, and private groups to address contemporary legal and administrative problems. By the late 1970s, the firm had expanded its services to cultural resources management and became a leader in providing integrated teams of historians and archaeologists for environmental permitting in the West. We also developed expertise in supporting attorneys with historical research and expert witness work, particularly in the fields of Indian, environmental, and water law.
HRA soon built a national reputation for excellence in historical consulting, cultural resources management, and litigation support. Over the years, we have established offices in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Washington, DC, Olympia, Eugene, Durango, Albany, Nashville, and Albuquerque to better serve our clients. We also forged partnerships with Gray & Pape, Inc., and NLURA. Gray & Pape, Inc., is a cultural resources management firm based in Cincinnati, and NLURA is a cultural resources management firm based in Anchorage. Through these relationships, HRA has a network of support in the Midwest, East, South, and Alaska.
HRA employs the disciplines of archaeology, anthropology, and history to find effective solutions for our clients and to make the past relevant and accessible.
We are committed to:
- delivering high-quality research, reports, and consultation services
- honoring the professional ethics of our disciplines
- offering our employees competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives to achieve excellence
- providing our employees with a pleasant work atmosphere, interesting and challenging work, and opportunities for personal and intellectual growth
- maintaining a supportive workplace devoted to flexibility, teamwork, and harmony
- sustaining the ongoing success of HRA through controlled growth, profitability, and efficient management