HRA’s historic preservation specialists work with clients from federal, state, and local entities as well as private organizations. HRA architectural historians and historians have worked with LEED-certified architects to demonstrate the contribution historic resources make to a sustainable environment, including restoration, rehabilitation, and preservation of historic resources to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
Our specialists meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards and have extensive experience in compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA, Section 106), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), state environmental policies and legislation regarding historic properties (SEPA, CEQA, etc.), and local policies and ordinances.
Our services include:
- Reconnaissance- and intensive-level historic resources surveys
- Cultural landscapes inventories and reports (CLI/CLR)
- Photo documentation (including large format, film, and digital)
- Historic context, significance, and integrity evaluations
- Detailed descriptions of character-defining features
- Interviews, video documentation and documentaries
- Historic American Building Survey/Historic American Engineering Record/Historic American Landscape Survey
- (HABS/HAER/HALS) documentation
- National, State, and Local Register nominations
- Historic structures reports (HSR)
- Operations and maintenance guidelines and staff training
- Agency consultation on avoidance, minimization, and mitigation measures (when necessary) and design and preservation recommendations
- Public outreach
- Federal rehabilitation tax credit assistance
- Design consultation
Cultural Resource Management
Facilitating Government to Government Consultations
HRA provides assistance and professional guidance to agencies and private clients in formal and informal tribal consultation and communication.
Through integration of GPS (Global Positioning System) and GIS (Geographic Information System) into our fieldwork and deliverables, HRA gathers and disseminates highly accurate…