HRA’s historic preservation specialists work with clients from federal, state, and local entities as well as private organizations. HRA architectural historians and historians have worked with LEED-certified architects to demonstrate the contribution historic resources make to a sustainable environment, including restoration, rehabilitation, and preservation of historic resources to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
Our specialists meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards and have extensive experience in compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA, Section 106), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), state environmental policies and legislation regarding historic properties (SEPA, CEQA, etc.), and local policies and ordinances.
Our services include:
- Reconnaissance- and intensive-level historic resources surveys
- Cultural landscapes inventories and reports (CLI/CLR)
- Photo documentation (including large format, film, and digital)
- Historic context, significance, and integrity evaluations
- Detailed descriptions of character-defining features
- Interviews, video documentation and documentaries
- Historic American Building Survey/Historic American Engineering Record/Historic American Landscape Survey
- (HABS/HAER/HALS) documentation
- National, State, and Local Register nominations
- Historic structures reports (HSR)
- Operations and maintenance guidelines and staff training
- Agency consultation on avoidance, minimization, and mitigation measures (when necessary) and design and preservation recommendations
- Public outreach
- Federal rehabilitation tax credit assistance
- Design consultation
Bunker Hill Mining and Metallurgical Superfund Site Homestead and tailing ponds and piles near Wallace, Idaho. Copyright 2017 by Heather Lee Miller. Contracted since 2010 to Coeur D’Alene Trust (Trust), HRA has been assisting the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)...
Fort Walla Walla Integrated Cultural Resource Management Plan HRA prepared an Integrated Cultural Resource Management Plan (ICRMP) for the Walla Walla VA Medical Center. Since the Fort is a National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) eligible historic district that...
Badger Pass Ski Area HRA contributed to an Environmental Assessment (EA) for rehabilitation of a historic ski area in Yosemite National Park. The Badger Pass Ski Area was the first downhill skiing resort to be developed in California and rehabilitation of the...
Cultural Resource Management
Section 106, NEPA/SEPA Compliance
HRA assists agencies and private sector clients with the successful navigation of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA); the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA);…
Through integration of GPS (Global Positioning System) and GIS (Geographic Information System) into our fieldwork and deliverables, HRA gathers and disseminates highly accurate…